Branch Operations Specialist (Stoneham)
The primary role of the Branch Operations Specialist is to ensure the operational integrity and compliance for the branch, including both sales and service functions. The Branch Operations Specialist provides direction and leadership to the teller line with emphasis on superior customer service skills, achieving sales goals and teamwork.
- Oversees the daily operations of the teller line, emphasizing superior customer service skills.
- Utilizes sales techniques and coaches’ coworkers working behind the teller line to recognize the needs of customers and match those needs to the Bank’s available products and services.
- Performs the typical duties of a teller and assists with platform as needed
- Opens basic new accounts in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner.
- Assists customers with routine account maintenance and other servicing issues
- Processing monetary transactions such as cashing checks, making deposits, selling monetary instruments, buying/selling foreign currency and other daily transactional functions.
- Responsible for analyzing the use of branch cash; Ensures the branch does not exceed the cash limit set for the branch; maintaining appropriate supply of money for the branch based on legal requirements and business demands; orders and ships cash as needed
- Under dual control, manages the vault cash and daily activity.
- Under dual control, balances the ATM on a daily basis & ensures it remains stocked, & operating daily.
- Performs audits of all negotiable instrument, cash drawers and other related logs to ensure adherence to defined policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Branch Batch scanning accuracy and quality of transaction tickets.
- Coordinates with Assistant Branch Manager to track, monitor and follow-up on transaction processing errors that impact customer’s accounts, such as non-post; this includes Corrective Action discussions with branch staff (Tellers/SSR’s)
- Performs quality review of all CTR’s and Currency Exchange logs daily.
- Follows the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to work at other branch locations, as needed.
- Other duties as required
- Excellent communication, skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Strong Operational & Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, and counsel employees
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, TellerInsight, IBS Insight for Deposit Origination
- 3 + years banking experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree preferred
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).