Business Development Manager, AVP (Acton)
At Northern Bank, banking may be our business, but helping small businesses grow is our passion. Right now, we’re looking for a Business Development Manager who understands the vital role small business owners play in our community and has the relationship management skills and business development acumen necessary to help those business owners succeed and grow, help our bank continue to flourish, and help our Stoneham community continue to thrive.
In this take charge role, you will be responsible for driving branch performance, increasing sales, and delivering an exceptional customer experience through leadership, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining strong operational practices. To succeed, you must be adept in all aspects of bank management and operations, including account management, customer service, staff development and sales production.
Here, you’ll put your exceptional solution selling and new business development skills to work, overseeing and directing all sales activities to ensure branch targets are met and exceeded. You’ll also assist branch staff with broadening their network by developing new customer relationships and strengthening existing ones. In addition to focusing heavily on building a customer network, you will also communicate, implement, and monitor compliance with Bank policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
If you are a self-motivated, relationship-focused, problem solver, who understands the importance of staying in touch with, and connected to, our industry and community, you may be the perfect representative for the Northern Bank brand.
- Build and promote the branch, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for customer service and branch success.
- Immerses in the community by leading and supporting the Bank’s community related initiatives and events in order to build brand awareness in our local areas.
- Identifies, develops, and closes sales. Cross-sells bank products/services when appropriate.
- Develops and communicates sales strategies to staff to enable the branch to achieve and exceed sales/deposit goals.
- Proactively prospects and grows business banking relationships through outreach to continuously build a strong customer base.
- Leads staff by applying knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, policies and procedures.
- Creates a positive work environment by providing direction and leadership to branch staff with emphasis on superior customer service skills, achieving sales goals, and teamwork.
- Develops, coaches, and motivates branch staff, conducts performance counseling as well as evaluations of employee performance.
- Involved in the recruiting, vetting, interviewing and hiring of new employees
- Conducts branch meetings with staff to communicate issues, review product knowledge, set goals, communicate sales results, provide recognition and skill review.
- Register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) to offer Home Equity Line of Credits Only
- 5 years Banking experience
- 3 years of Management experience
- Experience in prospecting and deepening relationships with new and existing customers
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Eager to expand branch with new accounts, clients, and businesses
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, train, coach and counsel employees.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).