Data Governance Officer
The main purpose of this position is to assist the data governance team in the formation and execution of data governance framework, policy, standards. This position assists in the implementation of an enterprise data governance program. The data governance officer shall collaborate with domain owners and data stewards to ensure that data quality requirements are defined, documented and translated into effective and consistent processes that improve the quality of our data. The data governance officer will be a member of the data governance team and report to the head of Enterprise Data Management.
A data governance officer with some experience is required, who has a strong background in client and team requirements gathering. The post holder will be part of the information strategy team.
Responsibilities will be expected to be developed and finalized over time and will include but will not be restricted to leading and carrying out:
- Build and maintain a detailed audit of the Bank’s core systems and information assets that are held in these systems, as well as the teams and processes that use them
- Create and maintain ownership accountability of corporate data systems
- Develop standards, policies and procedures to support the creation and provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data governance policy within the business
- Assist with the delivery of the data governance program
- Work with domain owners and stewards to ensure data governance policies and practices are embedded throughout the company
- Assist in aligning the data governance program to the enterprise strategy
- Use specialist knowledge and expertise to identify improvements through reducing data redundancy and appropriate data reuse
- Continually assess and identify risks in line with the Bank’s risk management approach, ensuring they are mitigated and accounted for work within the data governance program
- Develop and enforce data quality metrics
- Support project planning and management to ensure best practice and legal frameworks are followed with regards to data governance
- Work with key business users and stakeholders to define data migration requirements, resolve data issues and validate procedures and results.
- Define source system data requirements, data quality issues/fixes and business rules.
- Map and specify target data requirements and associated data transformations.
- Test data migration results and validate migration with key users and business analysts.
- Adhere to processes and policies.
- Participate in any current and future department goals
- Assist supervisor on any ad hoc requests
- No less than 3 years’ experience in a data role or related role in supporting large data projects
- Ability to work with system users to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Experience of using cloud-based applications, for example Salesforce, Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience in participating in a data governance program
- Understanding of the principles of IT security and data protection
- Experience of working in a technology focused company
- Experience of requirements gathering for data systems
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to data governance such as the (eg Data Protection Act)
- Specialist knowledge of data governance principles and practices
- Experience with mapping source to target systems with large data models
- Strong SQL abilities for database query and reporting
- Expert in Excel and proficient in other MS Office tools
- Ability to understand and work with large quantities of data to identify trends, errors and gaps
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills mandatory.
- Experience with agile project management techniques preferred
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).