Personal Banker (Sudbury)
At Northern Bank, banking may be our business, but helping small businesses grow is our passion. Right now, we’re looking for a Personal Banker who understands that operational excellence combined with relationship management is key to helping Northern deliver exceptional service to help those business owners succeed and grow, help our bank continue to flourish, and help our local community continue to thrive.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling all customer sales and service inquiries, including but not limited to, Teller transactions, new account openings, safe deposit access, existing customer servicing needs, and problem resolution. The Personal Banker works to present customers with banking solutions to meet their needs, while ensuring every transaction is completed in accordance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Opens and closes branches
- Signs Official checks in accordance with the transaction amount
- Provides exceptional service to the Bank’s customers regarding daily teller, servicing, and new account transactions; addressing inquiries, understanding/determining needs, and resolving problems
- Processes customer transactions in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner
- Opens new accounts and accesses customer accounts to process online and offline transactions and corrections in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner.
- Accurately balances cash drawer daily
- Performs day-to-day branch operations including, ATM balancing, clearing cash items, adding or removing holds, under dual control will balance and process the vault and bag coin
- Utilizes needs-based sales/service techniques to elicit the needs of customers and match those needs to the Bank’s available products and services
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales goals.
- Provides assistance to other branch employees and assists in training new employees. Follows the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Account maintenance including but not limited to: foreign and domestic wires, stop payments, address changes, account title changes, etc.
- Follows the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements
- 2 years Teller Manager or CSR experience preferred
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills
- Basic math skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, teller and platform bank systems.
- Strong customer focus
- High School Degree. Associate degree or higher preferred
- Flexible Schedule. Occasional late nights and Saturdays
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).