Commercial Loan Officer, Commercial Real Estate
The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for actively seeking and creating partnerships with commercial real estate owners and professionals looking for financing to increase the Bank’s commercial real estate (“CRE”) loan portfolio while simultaneously supporting, servicing, and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Maintain and develop Bank’s existing CRE portfolio by assessing and meeting client’s needs and from referral sources.
- Assist in all phases of the loan life cycle (from application to post-closing) by:
- Identifying and evaluating commercial loan opportunities.
- Presenting and recommending appropriate loans to the Bank’s credit committee.
- Compiling necessary information needed for underwriters to evaluate the deal accurately.
- Consistently communicating with the borrower and Bank staff throughout the loan process.
- Working with the loan closing team and the Bank’s attorney to close the loan.
- Reviewing annual loan reviews and renewals for existing relationships while identifying potential credit weaknesses and validating/assigning appropriate risk ratings
- Monitoring a loan portfolio, including but not limited to delinquent loans, matured loans, line of credit renewals, status reports, etc.
- Maintaining accurate document management records of clients and managing the process to request, collect, and store client documents.
- Engage with third party consultants on construction loans in order to monitor construction progress
- Review and oversee requisition processes for construction loans
- Collaborate with a team of commercial loan analysts and ensure accurate analysis is performed on new and existing loan data.
- Meet and exceed annual lending goals set forth by the Bank.
- Verify quality, completeness, and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis while ensuring loans comply with the Bank’s lending policy and regulatory requirements and procedures (State and Federal).
- Maintain accurate department records and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in various special projects as assigned.
- Flexible schedule - must participate in Bank events during and after hours.
- 3+ years of commercial lending experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred
- Strong analytical, technical, and statistical skills
- Sound knowledge of credit risk, accounting principles, financial statements, and tax returns.
- Strong understanding of the banking industry and the regulatory requirements associated with it
- Excellent decision making / problem-solving skills
- Advanced writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and lending programs
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).