Commercial Loan Operations Specialist
The Commercial Loan Operation Specialist is primarily responsible accurate boarding and reviewing new and modified commercial loans.
- Onboard all commercial loans including new loans, modifications, participation sales and participation purchases.
- Performs the quality control function for new loans and the maintenance on loan modifications. Monitors the integrity of data entered into the core system.
- Provides commercial loan funding transfers in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function.
- Acts as the main liaison for the ongoing perfection of collateral through UCC continuations, amendments, and terminations to ensure they are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs additional duties, departmental cross-training and participates in special projects as required.
- Maintain electronic loan documentation files, scan, and index into electronic file system.
- Work closely with the lending team to track document exceptions and any missing documentation on the Bank’s tickler system.
- Responsible for reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of all existing regulations that pertain to loan servicing.
- Work with loan officers and other personnel in the commercial lending department on loan servicing issues. Research requests and other questions that arise.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- 3+ years’ experience in the lending area of a bank.
- Business Degree or related field experience required.
- Solid communication skills.
- Proficient in Computers.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).