Assistant Branch Manager (Float Team)
At Northern Bank, banking may be our business, but helping small businesses grow is our passion. Right now, we’re looking for an Assistant Branch Manager who understands that operational excellence combined with relationship management is key to helping Northern deliver exceptional service to help those business owners succeed and grow, help our bank continue to flourish, and help our local community continue to thrive.
In this role, you will be responsible for operational oversight, growing branch deposits, and creating a positive work environment. You will assist in the supervision, coaching and developing of the branch team and ensure all branch staff are completing customer transactions in accordance with bank and regulatory policies and procedures, while providing superior customer service. To succeed, you must be organized, people-oriented, as well as adept in bank management and operations.
If you are a self-motivated, relationship-focused, problem solver, who understands the importance of staying connected to our industry and community as well as developing team members for overall branch success you may be the perfect representative for the Northern Bank brand.
- Provides direction and leadership to branch employees with emphasis on superior customer service skills, achieving sales goals and teamwork
- Generates, maintains and services profitable relationships with retail customers. Opens new accounts and assists with customer questions and concerns.
- Responsible for the quality control of new accounts opened. Ensure appropriate CIP has been obtained and the branch is following KYC guidelines. Ensure appropriate documentation for new accounts opened has been obtained.
- Pro-actively sells and services retail customers and prospects. Promotes business development through customer calling programs with Branch Manager; completes sales tracking reports.
- Assists the branch staff in attaining all sales referral goals, as well as daily operational objectives including, ATM balancing, night deposits, shipping and ordering branch cash
- Under dual control, manages the vault cash and daily activity.
- Coordinates sales strategies with Branch Manager; assists in conducting branch sales meetings and possesses an in-depth knowledge of retail and business products and services
- Assists with the resolutions of overages/shortages, as well as all internal audits.
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Provides direction to branch staff in the performance of assigned duties.
- Assists with staff scheduling, the training of new employees, developing, coaching and motivating branch staff, performance counseling as well as the evaluation of employee performance
- Monitor and follow-up on transaction processing errors that impact customer’s accounts, such as non-post; this includes Corrective Action discussions with branch staff (Tellers/SSR’s)
- In the absence of the Branch Manager, manages the branch.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in banking required
- General knowledge of branch operations, regulatory compliance, and banking policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and counsel employees.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, IBS Insight Deposit Origination, TellerInsight Admin and TellerInsight
- Associate degree in Business or related discipline desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization
- Flexible schedule, rotating Saturdays and some late nights may be needed
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).