SBA Commercial Lending Assistant
The Commercial Lending Assistant provides ongoing Customer service and documentation support as Loan Officer’s liaison on assigned commercial accounts. The Commercial Lending Assistant determines pertinent information to gather from a variety of sources, coordinated preparation and review of loan documentation and is responsible for the processing/maintenance of all commercial loan files. The position also provides operation an administrative support to ensure a smooth workflow between various departments.
- Verifies evidence of insurance, requests updated financial information
- May manage portfolio risk by highlighting maturities, overdrafts, and delinquencies.
- Verifies and processes Customer advances on lines of credit
- Liaise with attorneys to assist in resolving any closing issues in the absence of the Loan Officer
- Request/retrieve missing legal documentation from Borrowers and Attorneys
- Assist customers with commercial banking needs including advances and new accounts
- Set up Borrowers in Credit Quest, maintain electronic files for loans
- Track financial statements and tax returns for both Borrower and Guarantors and send updates to credit and loan closing as needed.
- Files documentation in commercial /electronic files
- Track and request environmental reports, appraisals, and construction consultants to be engaged
- Manages Loan Officers Construction Pipeline, i.e.: update various construction reports, organizes draw requests, monitor construction budgets.
- Monitor pipeline reports
- Provided day to day administrative support to Commercial Lenders
- Knowledge of computers and lending software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work flow in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team
- Bachelor Degree and experience in working in a corporate environment preferred.
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).