Construction Project Manager
The Construction Manager will oversee and coordinate our office-related construction projects, ensuring that schedules and budgets are followed. Manage and oversee work sites for both new construction and remodel projects, coordinate site activities and assure that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives.
- Manage multiple small-large construction and renovation projects
- Coordinate all phases of projects, liaise with architects, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and regularly communicate with management concerning budget progress and costs
- Plan, coordinate, organize, oversee, and direct activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures, facilities, and systems.
- Proactively monitor the progress of the project through updated schedules
- Oversee contract revisions, additions, and adherence by all parties.
- Collaborate with management, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues
- When unexpected complications or issues arise, make quick and necessary adjustments
- Manage and lead actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites. Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions
- Attend coordination and progress meetings; make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walks, preconstruction walks, in-progress site visits, punch walks, and construction closeout
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control, and change order administration
- Assist the project staff in resolving scope problems with subcontractors
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Ability to work productively in an environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines.
- Experience with contract and vendor management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality
- Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling methods
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments and the development of trusting relationships with clients
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to brainstorm in teams and think outside of the box
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in management of new construction and remodeling projects
- Minimum 3-5 years Project Management experience in construction
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Requires local travel to construction sites
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).