Co-Op, Staff Internal Auditor
Northern Bank is a privately held and family run business with corporate headquarters located in Woburn, Massachusetts. At Northern, we believe that helping entrepreneurs build a successful business helps build a stronger, more vital community for us all. Our Team offers a variety of products and services to consumers and companies including retail banking as well as residential and commercial lending. We provide people and businesses with the financial support they need to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will perform testing of Northern Bank’s internal controls over financial reporting. You will also assist the Head of Internal Audit with managing the outsourced internal audit program by performing planning, coordination, and follow-up responsibilities. You will assist in the creation of reporting for senior management and the Audit Committee.
Our Team is looking to hire a qualified Co-Op to join us from April through December, dates may be flexible for school requirements. Ability to travel to our Main Office, located at 275 Mishawum Road Woburn MA 01801, is required on a daily basis.
- With guidance from the Head of Internal Audit, collects and examines financial records and control documentation. Performs defined testing procedures and recommends further testing when warranted in support of the Bank’s internal financial control testing program.
- Develops an understanding of the Bank’s operations and system of internal controls.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the outsourced internal audit program by attending meetings, managing request lists, updating the master internal audit plan, and drafting communications.
- Performs monthly follow-up of open audit findings and collection of remedial support.
- Works with internal management and outsourced consultants on ad hoc assignments.
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and procedures.
- Consults with Head of Internal Audit if clarification and assistance are needed to ensure work is performed efficiently and effectively while learning on the job.
- Working towards a degree in business, accounting, risk/advisory, information security or another related field (Junior, Senior or Post-Graduate)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Preferred knowledge of banking operations, internal controls and general banking laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).