Credit Review Analyst II
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Credit Review Analyst II. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting thorough analyses of financial statements and assessments for accuracy in loan presentations. The candidate will perform a complete review of the loan presentations to ensure that they are accurate, concise, and maintained at the highest level of bank policy standards. The role requires the analyst to have fundamental knowledge of financial statements, critical analytical skills, and an understanding of credit criteria necessary for loan approval.
The daily duties include, but are not limited to, reviewing the loan presentations that are prepared by credit analysts in various groups (specialty, middle market/real estate, community/SBA), and occasionally by portfolio analysts, and assist the credit review manager in training new hires within the team.
- Identify any errors, miscalculations and incomplete parts of analysis
- Evaluate the appropriateness of any underlying assumptions or adjustments made by the underwriter to develop the future cash flows analysis, usually for franchisees (Restaurants and Car dealerships)
- Evaluate the accuracy and validity of construction budgets, rental rolls, property valuations and profitability analyses for Real Estate
- Determine whether the stated risk factors are adequately addressed by the mitigants
- After thorough review/evaluation, the Credit Review Analyst II provides the correct analyses, suggestions, and additional support/language to be included in the presentation
- Ensure compliance with the Bank and loan policy
- Assist in training new hires within the team
Relevant Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or quantitative related fields
- Strong quantitative experience
- 0 -3 years of working experience
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios and financial concepts
About Northern Bank & Trust Company
Northern Bank is a full-service bank dedicated to providing practical, common sense financial solutions to help our customers live their lives and grow their businesses. From deposit products to loans to payment and collections services, we work hands-on with our entrepreneurial customers, both locally and across the country, to provide the financial support they need to realize their personal and business goals. Founded in 1960, Northern Bank has assets of $2.65 billion with 13 locations serving communities throughout Middlesex County. Northern Bank is a Member of the FDIC, and an Equal Housing Lender. For more information on online banking services, please visit www.NBTC.com or follow Northern Bank on Facebook (/NorthernBankM A/), Twitter (@northernbankma), Instagram (@northernbankma) and LinkedIn (company/northern-bank-ma/).